Flossing your teeth regularly is extremely important for your oral health!

Flossing & brushing your teeth is very important in maintaining good oral health & a smile you can be proud of.

Flossing does about 40% of the work required to remove bacteria or plaque from the gaps in between your teeth. The other 60% comes from brushing your teeth so both brushing & flossing work together to keep you teeth healthy.

Plaque generates acid, which can cause cavities, irritate the gums, & lead to gum disease. Each tooth has five surfaces. If you don’t floss, you are leaving at least two of the surfaces unclean. This is where plaque grows & can damage your teeth if not checked regularly. This is why all dentists recommend visiting the dentist twice a year for a check-up and clean.

Below our some questions people regular ask us in our dental clinic.

Is it better to brush or floss?

Brushing and flossing are both important for your oral health. Both should be done together. Brushing only removes plaque from the front and back surfaces of your teeth. Flossing, on the other hand, allows you to remove plaque from between your teeth and underneath the gums.

Is it better to brush or floss first?

Some argue that flossing should come first because, when flossing, plaque and bits of food are loosened and should be brushed away after you’ve finished flossing. However, it can be done either way, but if you flossed first we would then suggest rinsing your mouth out to remove any left over plaque or food that might be left on the teeth.

Is it ever too late to start flossing?

It’s never too late to start flossing. If you haven’t been flossing, your gums might bleed when you start. As your gums and teeth will not be used to the sensation. This should stop after a few days but if it doesn’t, call your dentist.

OPENING HOURS

Monday 8:30 – 5:30
Tuesday 8:30 – 7:30
Wednesday 8:30 – 1:00
Thursday 8:30 – 5:30
Friday 8:30 – 1:00
Saturday – Sunday Closed

(08) 8353 5111

OFFICE LOCATIONS

The Best Way To Floss

Request An Appointment

If you fill out the form below we will contact you to either confirm the appointment time or to slightly change it and book you in.

We do have an online booking platform so if you want to book an appointment that way you can.